For me, computers were taught along with various subjects in elementary school. There were programs that helped teach math, reading, and typing. Every class had a set time for their class to have a half hour or hour of computers every week. Every computer had a set of headphones and articles were read to us through the computer programs. At Liberty every sixth grader was forced to take keyboarding. This was very beneficial to me in later classes. As I got older, I began taking more classes in computers and computer programs. I took various classes in Word, PowerPoint, and others. I was the editor for the yearbook at my highschool for two years. There I learned the basics of Photoshop and Adobe.
Once I was in college, I was able to understand the basics of some of the most common programs. I now use computers at work in the classroom at Liberty. I help organize lessons where the students do scavenger hunts online and assist them in completing their work in Word. I find it simply amazing that we have computers in our preschool classroom and how familiar some students are with computers by the time they reach school. We have three year old students who can use a mouse, play games on the computer, and are now learning where letters are on the keyboard. Now most of my time on the computer deals with the Internet or a word processing program. I research lessons online, obtain new ideas for activities in the classroom, type papers and letters, and use the Internet many different aspects of research. I find that the internet is more entertaining than television so I spend a fair amount of my free time online too. Hopefully I have obtained enough skills through classes and experiences to successfully educate students for their roles in our technological world.
No comments:
Post a Comment